Our spirits have lived thousands of lives. We’re all “old souls” with countless stories to tell – if only we could remember them. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to tap into our subconscious memories and relive our past lives once more.
You may know nothing about your past life and are curious to see who you may have been. On the other hand, you might have already experienced a few spontaneous memories of a past life and are eager to learn more. Either way, taking the time to explore your previous life is a journey that’s well worth it.
- 1 How Does Reincarnation Work?
- 2 Why Should We Try to Remember Our Past Lives?
- 3 5 Signs That You Were Someone Else In A Past Life
- 4 How To Remember Your Past Life: 4 Techniques To Try
- 5 Tips for Accessing Your Past Memories
How Does Reincarnation Work?
Reincarnation is interpreted in different ways by different religions, but the general belief is that while our physical bodies eventually die, our souls do not. Instead, our souls are born again into a new physical body, and it doesn’t necessarily have to be human.
Until our souls are completely purified, we will continue to be reborn over and over again. Our past lives are not as different from our current life as we may think – our experiences may be different, but our soul remains the same. Different ship, same captain.
Why Should We Try to Remember Our Past Lives?
Becoming aware of our spirit journey does more than just satisfy our curiosity. Meditating on our past lives can be a deeply healing experience as well.
Knowing more about a previous life can give you a new perspective on your current life, helping you better understand your purpose. Lessons from past lives can be applied to our existence in this life, and the mistakes we made in the past can be corrected in the present.
5 Signs That You Were Someone Else In A Past Life
Many people believe that they have lived a past life – a past life that affects the way in which their present life pans out. The vast majority of these people have trouble understanding who they were in a past life though, which is something that they feel really hinders them.
While most will never know the exact person they were, many do manage to understand the kind of person they were, and this is done by examining a number of different things We’ve listed 5 things you can look at below, to help you delve further into your own past life…
While one dream can be a coincidence, having a recurring dream is generally a sign that it’s important that you should be aware of the content. These dreams might contain repetitive numbers or images, which you can then link back to an event in the past, or at least a specific period of time. The dream might also take place in a certain place, or it might have specific symbols in it. Dreams have so many different strands to them, and they can all offer insights into a past life.
We’ve all experienced déjà vu – the feeling that you’ve been somewhere, or experienced something, before. Sometimes it’s the case that this previous experience has happened in your current life, but other times it is clearly impossible for this to be the case. If the latter is true, could it be that you are getting déjà vu from an event in a past lifepast life instead?
Obsession with a particular historical person can be a signal that you could be their reincarnation. You might like to read everything you can about them, or perhaps you scour the internet to find out unknown info? It might even be the case that you have no reason for being interested in them – it’s just something that happened (some people might call that a coincidence). This obsession often comes coupled with a resemblance to the historical figure.
Many people have clear memories of events, however they simply didn’t happen in this life! If this is the case, it could be that these memories come from your past life. The memories might be of specific people, or they could be of events. Whatever they are, they could help you to pinpoint the period in which you lived during your past life, or some of the things that happened to you.
Unexplained Geographical Attachments
Even though you are in the USA, you might have a strange affinity for France. Or perhaps you feel a pull towards the UK, or maybe Ireland? What’s more, you might not even have any connection to this country. If this is happening to you, it might be that you are feeling an unexplained attachment to a country because you were associated with it in a past life. Yet another clue in your quest to work out exactly who you were…
How To Remember Your Past Life: 4 Techniques To Try
Déjà Vu Moments
We’ve all experienced the feeling of déjà vu before – that feeling that you’ve been somewhere, done something or seen someone before. Hold on to these moments and really focus on why you feel that way.
If it’s a place, try to visit that place often and meditate there if you can. If it’s a person, see if they feel the same connection that you do.
The hallway method of meditation is ideal for remembering experiencesremembering experiences from our past lives. Here’s how you can practice this type of meditation at home:
- Create a comfortable space. Turn off distracting electronic devices, dim the lights, adjust the temperature, and whatever else you need to do to feel completely at ease.
- Get into a meditative state by relaxing your body and clearing your mind. Lay down somewhere comfortable, close your eyes, and breathe deeply until you feel calm.
- Create a protective aura. No one can predict what they’ll see in their past lives – unfortunately, there’s always a chance you might experience something violent or upsetting. To protect yourself from this negativity, imagine that you’re being surrounded by a white light. Imagine it covering your entire body from your toes to the top of your head.
- Create your hallway. Start the journey into your subconscious by imagining a long hallway with a single door at the very end. It doesn’t matter what the hallway looks like, so long as it’s as detailed as possible.
- Open the door. Picture yourself walking down the hallway towards the door. Approach slowly, taking in every detail of the hall along the way. Open the door slowly to reveal a glimpse of your past life.
- Accept what you see. For many people, this is the most difficult part. It can be hard to accept that what you’re seeing is really from a past life – it’s easier to believe that you’re just making everything up. Yes, there will be times when your imagination gets the better of you, but you won’t get anywhere if you deny everything you see.
- Return to reality. Most people lose focus and return to reality after exploring their memories for a short period of time. But if you have trouble, just imagine the door where your journey began and walk back through it, going down the hallway you created at the start.
- As you continue to practice this form of meditation, you’ll start to notice certain patterns emerging. True memories will show up consistently, while made-up images will quickly fade from your memory. The longer you practice meditating, the clearer the memories of your past life will become.
You shouldn’t attempt to access memories of your past life every single day – the more eager you are, the more likely you are to create false memories from your imagination. At the same time, don’t assume that everything you see is a false memory. Keep an open mind and enjoy the journey.
Another way you may be able to access memories of your past lives is through dreams. Dreams are a window into the subconscious and have the potential to reveal vivid details of past experiences.
Some signs that a dream may actually be an experience from a past life include:
- The dream is reoccurring, and happens the same exact way every time
- You aren’t yourself – you’re experiencing the dream through someone else’s eyes
- The dream occurs in a different time period
- Events in the dream are logical – they could happen in real life
- The dream feels different from any other dream you’ve had
If you experience a dream like this, write down what happened as soon as you wake up. Doing this will help you remember the dream more clearly and allow you to meditate on it later.
It might sound like something out of a sci-fi movie, but hypnotherapy is a very real way to connect with a past life.
The technique hypnotherapists use to reveal the identities of past lives is called past-life regression therapy. During a past-life regression therapy session, you’ll be guided into a relaxed state. From there, the therapist will talk you through the process of uncovering memories of your past life.
Tips for Accessing Your Past Memories
Remembering your past life is exciting, but it isn’t always easy. Be patient, don’t try too hard, and don’t give up.
Recovering these memories takes time – you can’t force yourself to remember things. Things will come to you naturally as you explore your subconscious mind through meditation, dreams, or hypnotherapy.