Do you think you have a gift as a medium? Have you been thinking that you want to learn how to perform a psychic reading? This is a great way to help guide others along their path to the most fruitful future. However, it’s important to remember that psychic gifts are like a muscle – the more you use them, the easier it will be to acquire the information you seek.
Make sure you know what a psychic reading is supposed to look like before you start. It’s not like what you will see on television or in the media. It’s not like you will be hearing real voices speaking to you. It has a lot more to do with impressions. This allows you to know things and receive information directly in your conscious mind.
These are three things you should keep in mind when giving a reading:
- Focus: If you are feeling distracted or lacking energy, then your focus will be diminished. You need focus to pick up a psychic impression. If you don’t feel like you’re in a good position to do a reading, then do it another time!
- Don’t have expectations: Things may or may not happen in your reading. The reading may be a real challenge, or come to you easily. You don’t know what’s going to happen until you try, but don’t expect it. Just go with the flow and energy of the reading!
- Be active: You can’t start a reading and just expect the things to come to you. In a psychic reading, you must actively seek out the information you are looking for.
It’s a good idea to remember those things in your readings. You can even practice readings on your own until you feel comfortable giving readings to other people.
Here is how to give a psychic reading in four simple steps:
#1: Center Yourself
It’s important to start by centering yourself. This means you must focus. Do this by putting your attention on the center of your head. Focus on a little point in your brain, in the very middle. Focusing on this allows you to rid yourself of expectations and emotions. Keep your conscious staying there throughout the reading. You will likely find that this helps you to perceive even more information than you could without centering yourself.
Once you feel properly centered, it’s time to get to the real work of the reading!
#2: Ask Your Question
Whether you are practicing and giving a reading for yourself, or giving someone else a reading, you should start by asking a question. You need to have something to ask about in order to start the reading. Here are some example questions you might ask to get started:
- What should I be doing?
- Is a better job in my future?
- Does he/she like me?
You can ask a wide range of questions. But remember, you are the one who needs to ask these questions to your psychic self. If your client is asking a certain question, you must repeat their question in your own thoughts. Once a question has been posed, it’s time to start the fun of your reading.
#3: Receive Your Impression
Make sure you are on high alert for any perceptions you may have. There are different types of psychic impressions you may receive. They are as follows:
- Voice: Just like you can speak words inside your head, you might hear something like a “voice” telling you something. This is referred to as clairaudience and is often something new psychics look for. Remember, though, it won’t sound like a real, physical voice. More like the voice when speaking inside your own head.
- Image: You might see an image, or even entire scenes, inside your head. Some of them may be completely abstract, while others could be memories that occurred in the past. There are also different kinds of images, such as a dinner, a person, playing a game, watching a movie, listening to music, etc. The message that you are supposed to receive can vary widely. Receiving such images is called clairvoyance.
- Music: Having music as part or all of your perception is another type of clairaudience. After asking a question, a tune might come into your head as your answer.
- Instant knowledge: The final type of perception is when you just know things. It’s difficult to describe unless you understand it. However, it’s possible for an answer to the question to just “feel” right and for you to know the answer immediately.
#4: Keep the Questions Coming
Once you receive your first impression, it’s time to enter into the active portion of the reading. Don’t wait for new impressions to manifest after you’ve gotten the first one. This is because, for that to happen, you would need to ask a new question.
Instead, once you’ve gotten your first impression, ask a question about it. This can allow you to get more details about your original question and gain a more in-depth understanding of the answer. Keep the ball rolling, and you might be surprised at how much information you are able to acquire.
Tips to Remember
As you get started performing psychic readings, these are some beneficial things to know:
- Be patient: It takes time to become an expert. You’ll need to practice a lot, and with time, you will tune in and gain impressions that you can interpret meaningfully.
- Ask the right questions: Asking the right question is important. With the right questions, you’ll be able to get the most meaningful insights and learn as much information as you can.
- You won’t always get an answer: Some questions have no answer. This could be because there’s another, better question that you should be asking regarding that situation. It also could mean that a higher power doesn’t want you to have the answer. You may even be blocking the answer yourself, or your client may be blocking it. Accept this and don’t linger on that single question too long – you don’t need to know everything!
- Have fun: Developing your psychic abilities is supposed to be fun, enlightening, and fulfilling. Treat these readings as a source of pure adventure and pleasure. If you take it too seriously, it might become negative, or even boring. And when that happens, you’ll eventually start to fail at being able to conduct your readings accurately. Treat these as the fun, adventurous endeavors that they should be to retain your accuracy, skills, and curiosity about the unseen!