Many people have innate intuitive abilities and don’t even realize it. There are four major intuitive gifts. One of the more common abilities that about 40-45% of people are gifted with is claircognizance.
What Is Claircognizance?
When you break down the word claircognizance, it means ‘clear-knowing’. People who are claircognizant will know things that others haven’t told them. It’s believed that this ability stems from a person’s Spirit Guide or their Higher Self. These beings put information into the mind of a claircognizant using thought as a medium.
This information can sometimes take the shape of small insights plugged into the claircognizants mind or can come as inspired thought. The claircognizant ability is characterized by a deep sense of knowing that transcends logic and that the thinking mind is the source for where the intuitive information comes into. Here are a few examples of this:
- Even when a job seems perfect, you get this deep sense of knowing that it wouldn’t be a good idea to accept it.
- Even when the evidence says otherwise, you know for sure that someone is lying to you
- You receive knowledge of the outcome of future events
- You suddenly have an inspired idea
Symptoms of Claircognizance
Here are some things to be on the lookout for if you believe yourself or someone you know to be claircognizant:
- Claircognizants tend to be very into their thoughts and mind
- They most often analyze situations, people, or things around them
- They are very good at solving problems and grasping abstract concepts
- As children, they were most likely labeled as a ‘know-it-all’
- And in general, if they’ve ever engaged in automatic writing and channeled info in that manner, then they have utilized their claircognizant ability
Some people may not be able to understand the difference between their own thoughts and their claircognizant information. But the key is recognizing how the information comes to your mind and how your conscious mind reacts to it. Generally, your conscious mind is in charge when you’re thinking, however, when the information enters through your claircognizance your conscious mind becomes a mere observer and doesn’t generate any new information during the process. To the claircognizant, the information has come from nowhere and probably had nothing to do with their original thought.
Another way to tell the difference is by the intent of the thought content. Most conscious thought is ego-centric, with their main function being to spare you from feelings of disappointment, embarrassment, and are often aimed at protecting you. However, claircognizance stems from a place of wisdom and transcends thoughts of fear.
It’s like having an idea about a choice you’re about to make. On the surface going one way seems most logical, however, your intuition tells you to go another way and at the moment the choice makes no sense, however, you know it’s the right decision.
That’s generally how claircognizance works and it requires you to take a leap of faith whereas your conscious thought wouldn’t require your trust. And learning to trust this and develop your Claircognizance takes a little practice.
How to Develop Claircognizance
Here are a few tricks to help you develop your claircognizance:
- Automatic Writing: Is the simplest and most suitable way to receive your claircognizant information. Claircognizant info usually comes in large pieces so it’s best to have a word document or pen and paper handy when you want to have a conversation with your higher self. During this exercise make sure to keep your conscious mind out the process and only write what you’re receiving. If it appears to be nonsense at first, that’s okay. Just push through and you may find some insights that will truly astound. And soon enough you will be able to summon your guides whenever you begin writing.
- Write out the intent for your Claircognizance: Another way to hone your claircognizance is to write down or set up your intentions for your gift. Sometimes this is enough to begin the process.
- Meditation: Meditation is a good practice to take up if you haven’t already. It quiets the mind and opens you up to divine guidance. This will help you fine tune your intuition and make you more susceptible to claircognizant information. Once you’ve quieted your mind you can start with a question and see what your Higher Self brings to you.
In most cases, your claircognizance is already there and operational. However, it may be waiting for you to recognize it as a form of guidance. To do that you have to more aware of your thoughts and where they stem from. Especially the thoughts you have about people you’re just meeting or about situations you’re are about to embark into with little to no information on beforehand.
Try to see what you can gather from them. Then wait to see if what you thought comes to fruition.