Psychic readings come in many different forms and styles. While some readers rely on intuition or clairvoyance to offer guidance into your life, many psychics rely on tools to aid in their readings. Some of the more common tools used by psychics include:
- Angel Cards
- Dream Interpretation
- Tarot Cards
- Auras and Chakras
Not all psychics use tools though, as some just tune themselves in to your energies and those around them. With this, your psychic will help guide you towards a better present and future, especially in the aspects of:
- Life choices
- Love life
- Money and Finances
Each psychic delivers readings in different manners. Some may offer advice and guidance, while others are more compassionate and soft. If it is your first time choosing a psychic, you may find it quite challenging. But, you can make a good choice by knowing what to look for and where to look.
Here are some tips to consider when looking for a psychic:
Step 1: What kind of psychic reader do you need?
Just like doctors, psychics also have their specialties, which mean that one type of intuitive may not be the best option for you, especially if you need to learn about something specific.
When you choose your psychic, it helps to consider what you want first. Do you want to connect with a departed loved one, talk to your angels, or find out things about your past life?
Here is a list of psychics to help you zone in on the kind of intuitive that you should see:
- Medium – helps you connect with deceased loved ones who are already on the other side.
- Psychic – uses energies to tell you things about yourself and those around you, your past and things that may happen in your future.
- Angel therapists – connects with your angels to receive and channel guidance, wisdom, comfort and insights.
- Astrologer – looks at the alignment of the planets and stars during the time of your birth to provide advice and predictions on issues, situations and events in your life.
- Channeler – channels energies from other beings to bring you messages.
- Demonologist –handles cases where demons and negative entities are involved.
- Diviners – uses items like crystals, pendulums and tarot cards to divine and provide answers to your questions.
- Intuitive counselor – helps you understand your current situation so you can move better towards the future.
- Medical intuitive – specializes in physical or health related issues which may have an energetic cause.
- Numerologist – makes use of symbolism and numbers to determine your strength and weaknesses for you to make better life choices.
- Parapsychologist – more psychologists than psychic, yet they do research on paranormal activities.
- Past Life Therapist – specializes in meditation and hypnosis to help you recall your past life.
- Psychic detectives – assists law enforcers and private citizens by helping uncover information that may be crucial for law-related cases. They are also helpful for finding lost items.
- Psychometrists – provides divine information about people, places, things and events by simply holding an object belonging to that was present in a specific place or event.
- Reiki Practitioner – makes use of the Reiki practice to channel energy from the universe for healing and relaxing purposes.
Step 2: What Are People Saying?
Now that you have figured out what kind of psychic you exactly need, you can now move forward and start searching for that one psychic or intuitive whom you wish to see. One of the best ways to go about this is to listen to what people are saying. Word of mouth is always helpful, and if a friend has had a positive experience with a certain psychic, there is also a good chance that you will end up with a good reading with him or her. You can ask questions to help you sift through recommendations. Some questions you might want to ask include:
- How was your psychic reading?
- Did you feel that the psychic was genuine during your reading?
- Do you think the fee is reasonable for the reading that you have received?
- Was the information you received from the reading useful? Why or why not?
- Is the psychic easily available or accessible?
- If you could, would you go back to this psychic again?
If you don’t have friends or family members who have seen psychics before, you can check out psychic networks like PsychicSource. Psychics in these networks have gone through rigorous application processes and have done readings on a wide range of people. Psychics in groups and networks are also rated by actual clients, which can help you narrow down your choice, too.
Step 3: Follow Your Budget
Don’t go to a psychic reading without knowing how much he or she charges. Most websites will tell you how much each session (per hour or per minute) will cost, but you can also call your psychic up to ask how much they charge. The average cost is usually anywhere around $150 to $200 per hour, but there are those who can charge as much as $1200 per hour.
Most of us quickly assume that expensive psychics are always better than cheaper ones, but this is not necessarily true. Price is not always tantamount to quality, and you certainly won’t feel great if you spend your whole month’s food budget on one single reading. Aside from pricing, there are many factors that make somebody the best psychic medium, and this include his experience, natural ability, training, ethics and relationships with his or her own spirit guides.
Don’t force it if you can’t afford a meeting with a celebrity psychic. Work with what you are able to spend. Choose a psychic whose rates fall within your budget.
Step 4: Trust your feeling
Trust your feelings and intuition even before you get that reading. You might have some feelings of doubt or uneasiness already prior to getting a reading, and this feeling might just be true. You may sense that something isn’t quite right and there are many reasons for that, which might just prove true. You want to feel good and at ease during your psychic reading, so when you have a bad feeling about it, don’t do it. Just make sure that it is really your intuition and not just fear that’s doing the talking.
Step 5: Look Back and Evaluate
After having your first reading with a certain psychic, take time to look back and evaluate your session. The best time to do it is immediately after your appointment. Was it a good reading? Did you feel satisfied with what you have learned? Were you at ease with the psychic? These are some questions to help you with your evaluation.
Then, wait for at least two or three months before re-evaluating your previous reading. Was the reading really as helpful as you thought it to be? Was the information that you gathered from the reading able to guide you throughout the past few months? Would you see the psychic again? Think about these things and allow it to help you decide if you would want to see that same psychic for the second time around or if you want to look for another one eventually.